I was standing there talking with my friend Yuri (pronounced Judy) and Paul comes up looking kind of nervous.
Natalie: Hey Paul!! How are you?
Paul: I'm kind of nervous
Natalie: Why? Whats up?
Paul: (points to the missionaries)
Natalie: (a little confused) Are you meeting them? I don't get whats going on.
Paul: I would like to.
Natalie: That is so exciting! (thinking he is going to set it up with someone else since Paul and I have never really hung out)
Paul: ( just standing there staring at me)
Natalie: (still a little confused) Would you like me to go with you to set it up...?
Paul: Yes
Natalie: Okay!
Paul: (still just staring at me)
Natalie: Would you like to have the discussions at my house...?
Paul: if thats okay.
Natalie: Yes! Of course thats okay!
(Natalie takes Paul and introduces him to the Missionaries)
We set up an appointment for Tuesday night. Paul came over early and we made dinner for the Elders. We had the lesson then the Elders challenged Paul to be baptized on the coming up Saturday... Like in 4 days... Paul was a little hesitant. He went home that night and read the assigned reading and prayed about it. We had the next lesson Wednesday morning at 8am. The Elders asked Paul what he thought about Saturday. Paul looked at them looked at me then said Lets Do It! I am ready! So we filled the week with the rest of the lessons and interviews he needed and was Baptized on Saturday April 30th! (Gpa Harstons birthday. Just a little side note :)
You have no idea how awesome it has been to be a part of Paul's conversion story. Paul and Dad gained a really good friendship in that week to the point that Paul asked Dad to baptize him. It has been such a testimony builder for me.
Dad and Paul
Dad, Natalie, Paul
Elder Frogley, Paul, Elder Moody, Elder Butterfield
Elder Frogley, Paul, Elder Moody, Elder Butterfield
Paul and Natalie
Paul with his Parents






No comments:
Post a Comment